Social Service Assistant JobSouth Elgin, IL South Elgin Rehabilitation & Health Care Center
Apply NowApply NowBack to All Jobs
Why You'll Love This Job
Assists the Social Service Director plan and implement psychosocial programs. Aids SSD in community contacts and involvement. Assist’s SSD in assessing residents.
- Assess resident for Comprehensive Care Plans
- Develop, schedule and conduct psychosocial programs
- Chart residents need for and residents responses to psychosocial programs
- Arrange for transportation by families to outside appointments
- Prepare admission documentation, orientation and welcome
- Resident correspondence and outside contracts
- Any other assigned duties
Skills & Qualifications
- The position requires a high school diploma and a knowledge of the interests of elderly persons, their abilities and limitation in maintaining an interesting and active life.
- Ability to understand, interact with and related to the elderly is essential.
- A general knowledge of community services, programs and available resources would be helpful.
- Must have the current federally required vaccines or proof of a valid exemption.