Housekeeper JobMonmouth, IL Legacy Estates of Monmouth
Apply NowApply NowBack to All Jobs
Why You'll Love This Job
Housekeepers are responsible for maintaining the facility in a clean, orderly and sanitary manner.
- Clean, organize and sanitize each resident room, all hallways, congregate areas, nursing station and offices at least once each day.
- Deep clean assigned bath/shower rooms, each resident room and all other rooms or areas at least once each month or per the cleaning schedule or as directed.
- Vacuums carpeted floor areas daily and carpeted walls monthly or more often as required.
- Bath/shower rooms are monitored for cleanliness and sanitation and the need for soap and paper products at least 4 times each shift.
- All floor surfaces are continually monitored for wet, dirty spots debris and other safety hazards. Unsafe and unsanitary conditions are corrected immediately.
- Dusts high and low areas and wipes marks and spots from walls, woodwork, furniture, doors etc. daily.
- Cleans windows (interior and exterior) at least monthly.
- Mirrors are cleaned daily.
- Dining Rooms and other areas used for eating will be cleaned after each meal including wiping tables and chairs with a sanitizing solution. After breakfast floors in eating areas will be wet mopped completely; after other meals floors may be dry mopped completely and wet mopped where necessary.
- Resident room floors are buffed as needed. All other areas are buffed at least once each week.
- Sweeps and wet mops every room in the facility every day (including weekends and holidays) using a cleaning/sanitizing solution.
Skills & Qualifications
- Be of legal working age
- Be able to read and follow written directions
- Be able to communicate with residents and co-workers in English
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
- Work overtime as necessary
- Must possess a general knowledge and understanding of state and federal laws as they pertain to long term care
- Must have the current federally required vaccines or proof of a valid exemption.