Food Service Aide JobSouth Elgin, IL South Elgin Rehabilitation & Health Care Center
Apply NowApply NowBack to All Jobs
Why You'll Love This Job
Provides nutritious meals according to the menu. Ensures the sanitation of the kitchen food preparation and tray line area.
- Prepare and serve food for diets as ordered by the physician.
- Follow menus as ordered.
- Notify supervisor of any changes in the menu, or lack of proper food item for the menu.
- Honor resident special requests within the prescribed diet order.
- Ensure that the menus are followed and appropriate substitutions are made and recorded.
- Take necessary measures to ensure that all food served to residents has been prepared in a safe, sanitary manner while also maintaining the highest quality.
- Provide assistance to the cook in the preparation and service of meals.
- Follow cleaning schedules as directed by Food Service Manager.
- Cover, date and label all leftovers properly.
- Notify Food Service Manager of food, supplies or equipment needs.
- Report all malfunctioning equipment and unsafe working conditions to the Food Service Manager immediately.
- Be knowledgeable of Local, State and Federal regulations and facility policies and procedures which pertain to the department.
- Attend in-service meetings.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Shall reference the Petersen Health Care Dietary Operations Manual as amended from time to time
Skills & Qualifications
- Be of legal working age.
- Be able to read, understand and follow work assignments.
- Be able to communicate with residents and co-workers in English.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
- Must possess a general knowledge and understanding of state and federal regulations as it pertains to long term care.
- Work overtime if necessary.
- Must have passed the sanitation test or be willing to take the course approved by the state the facility is in.
- Must receive food handler training within 30 days of employment.
- Would prefer at least one year experience as diet aide in an institutional setting.
- Must have the current federally required vaccines or proof of a valid exemption.